Join the Chorus
Become part of our family
When you join MenAlive you are doing more than just becoming part of a choral group - you are becoming part of a family. MenAlive strives to provide a welcoming atmosphere in which anyone will find opportunities for musical excellence, high quality performances, camaraderie, support, and lifelong friends.
For more information about auditions, visit our "Sing With Us!" page.
A Few Items To Note:
- Time Commitment: MenAlive presents three main concerts each year, usually in December, March, and July. Our regular rehearsals are every Tuesday night at 7:00. In addition, one or two special sectionals may be called each concert period, and two dress rehearsals held the week of each concert is common.
- Financial Commitment: The annual dues of MenAlive are $100 per concert period. This covers the cost of your music, rehearsal CD, additional costuming and a portion of the rehearsal venue. Scholarships are available upon qulalifying. You must also arrange for your performance tuxedo and accessories. You can buy an inexpensive tuxedo from a tux rental shop, a discount store, or even on sale at a retail shop. But of course you can rent a tux for each concert.
- At the first rehearsal everyone receives a packet of all the music and a rehearsal CD (of your voice part) for that concert period.
- New members are given a big brother to help them get acquainted and provide support.
- There is a new members reception near the beginning of each concert quarter.
If you are interested in joining the Chorus or if you have further questions, please contact us toll-free at 1-866-MEN-ALIVE (636-2548), or email our Membership Director. We look forward to meeting you!